Cindy Ricardo, LMHC, CMT
Facilitator of West Broward Insight Meditation Community. Psychotherapist, Mindfulness Teacher
Cindy Ricardo is a Certified Mindfulness Teacher (through the Engaged Mindfulness Institute) and the organizer of our Sangha. She has practiced Yoga and Vipassana/Mindfulness for over 15 years (see education and training experience below), and believes this practice helps us maintain clarity of mind and a compassionate heart. This is something that is lacking, in this fast paced world, where technology and constant busyness, keeps us from connecting with ourselves and the world around us. The practice (Mindfulness), invites us to to come home to the body, mind and heart. To be present and open to life, in ways that awaken our capacity for compassion, wisdom and joy. We witness the preciousness of life and when we see life in this way, there is the potential for a shift of wanting to meet all of life's joys and sorrow's with a spacious mind and a compassionate heart.
Formal training and experience:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor since 2000 in the state of Florida.
- Women in Distress - Individual and Group Therapist, Supervisor of Registered Interns at Shelter, Organized Bi-lingual Parenting program for Survivors of Domestic Violence. 2000-2005
- Certified IMAGO Relationship Therapist 2004-to current.
- Developed and facillitated Couples Workshops through the PAIRS Foundation (5 workshops with Jose Ricardo and Linda King, LMHC) 2007-2008.
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor (7years). Teach at a Private Studio and lead the Gentle Movement part of our retreats. 2008-to current.
- Certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor - Blue Sol Yoga, Shanti3 Yoga and The Prana Lab: taught Gentle, Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra Meditation, developed and led Women's Self Care and Yoga -1 day retreats. 2008-to current.
- Certification in Meditation and Psychotherapy through the Institute for Meditation and Psychotherapy 2013-2014.
- Certified Mindfulness Teacher-P-MT 300hrs (through EMI - 300hrs.) 2017-2018.
- Attended 13 + Mindfulness retreats, over past 5 years at IMS, BCBS, Bhavana and other centers 2013-to current.
- Self Study (both books written by teachers such as Bhikkhu Analayo, Thannisaro Bhikkhu, Christina Feldman, Joseph Goldstein, Guy Armstrong, Tara Brach, Chris Germer, Rob Burbia. 2008-current.
- Developed Sangha/Community Mindfulness Group - West Broward Insight Community -established 5 years ago. 2015-to current.
- Lead Teacher and facilitator - weekly Sunday Meditation meetings (includes silent meditation practice 20-30mins, Dharma talk 30-40 mins, Mindful Inquiry 30 mins.). 2015-to current.
- Facilitate Intro to Mindfulness and Compassion - 6 week class series
- January - February 2019
- October - November 2019
- April - May 2020 - (Register at EventBrite)
- Lead, organize and facilitate two - 5 day retreats on a yearly basis - 6 retreats from 2016-to current (Three - 3 days and three - 5 days). (The last 2 retreats co-facillitated by an MBSR teacher, Piero Falci, who recently received certification and facilitated 1 day of the retreat.)
- Develop and establish relationships with other Dharma Teachers - invite them to lead retreats for our Sangha. 2019-to present.
Trainings, Certifications and Retreats Attended:
- 3 day retreat - Paul Linn - Vipassana Meditation-Loving Presence -sponsored by the Gainesville Vipassana Society – 10-2013
- 2 – 5 day silent retreats forCertification in Meditation and Psychotherapy program at Barre Center for Buddhist Studies in Sept 2013-October 2014.
- 3 day retreat with Paul Linn - Vipassana Meditation-Continuity of Mindfulness -sponsored by the Gainesville Vipassana Society – March 2014
- 3 day retreat - Lila Kate Wheeler on The Buddekaratta Sutta-An Auspicious Night. Barre Center for Buddhist Studies Dec. 2014
- 6 day Retreat - Shaila Katherine, Liberating Mind and Heart Metta Retreat at Barre Center for Buddhist Studies Feb. 2015
- 4 day Retreat - Lila Kate Wheeler and Hugh Brynes on the 3 Types of Suffering – at The Southern Dharma Retreat Center in N.C. – Nov. 2015
- 5 day Insight Dialogue Retreat with Jan Surrey at Hallelujah Farms in New Hampshire– June 2016
- On line Insight Dialogue classes 2016-2017:
- Introduction to Insight Dialogue-8 weeks. April 7-May 26th 2016- Gary Steinberg, Aine Howard
- Factors of Awakening - Insight Dialogue Course - 9 Sessions - January - May 2017- Gary Steinberg, Rosalie Dores.
- Dharma Contemplation group - March 7th-June 2017 - Gary Steinberg
- 6 day Retreat- Kittisaro on Balancing Liberation and Devotion – at Barre Center for Buddhist Studies – October 2016
- 5 day Retreat - Winnie Nazarko and Anuska Fernandophile – Establishing Presence - at Insight Meditation Society – Feb 2017
- 5 day Retreat - Gloria Tariniya on Hiri and Ottapa; Understanding Remorse and it’s role in Waking Up at Barre Center for Buddhist Studies – August 2017
- 7 day Retreat - Fleet Maull for the Engaged Mindfulness Institute’s - Mindfulness Teacher Certification Program-300 Hour. (Noble Silence was held for 5 of the 7 days).
- 8 day Retreat - Marcia Rose and Winnie Nazarko on Wise Concentration at Insight Meditation Society – Feb 2018
- 5 Day Retreat - Gloria Taraniya – Dhammavicaya – investigation of Dhammas Barre Center for Buddhist Studies-Nov. 2018
- 7 Day Retreat- Fleet Maull - EMI - Mindfulness Teacher Certification Program- Closing retreat (Noble Silence held 5 out of 7 days)
- 8 Day Retreat - Bhante Gunaratana, Bhante Jayasara and Bhante Silananda - Sutta Studies Retreat at Bhavana Retreat Center - October 2019
- 6 Day Retreat - Jill Shepherd - Liberation through Non Clinging at Barre Center for Buddhist Studies - Dec. 2019
- 4 Day Retreat - with Janet Surrey & Bart Van Malik on Spiritual Friendship an Insight Dialogue Retreat - Barre Center for Buddhist Studies (Registered) Feb 2020
- 8 Day Retreat - Matthew Brensilver and Erin Treat - Opening to Wisdom and Love at Insight Meditation Society, Barre MA - Registered (March 2020)
This community developed out of a dedication, a deep faith and commitment to share this peaceful, healing path with others. We began back in October of 2015 and have grown to be a warm, supportive and safe community, in which to practice the Dharma/Mindfulness. We practice in the Theravada tradition and follow the path of Insight Meditation practice. This is a practice that leads to freedom of mind and heart.
We invite you to join us, as we come together to explore this peaceful practice.
Our schedule is: Every Sunday, 11:00a-12:30pm (please see our Meetup Group Page for schedule) at the MedSpa Suites Meditation/Yoga Room. The building is located at 9900 W. Sample Rd., 1st Floor, Coral Springs, Fl. 33065.
Please join our Meetup Group to receive notification of upcoming meetings, events, dates and locations.
Every 2nd Saturday- A Day of Mindfulness - 11:30pm - 4:30pm at The Med Spa Suites in Coral Springs, Fl. 33065
We host three 5 Day Vipassana/Mindfulness retreats a year and a Day of Mindfulness retreat, Bi-monthly on a Saturday. To register for upcoming retreats/events please go to Services/Retreats page.
Learn more about the positive and healing benefits of this practice. For questions please email at wbmindfulness.com or by phone.